Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SAT Perfect Score



On the morning of March 28th 2013, I turned on my computer along with my parents to see the scores for the SAT Tests that I took on March 9th 2013 . It so happened that the College Board website was not functioning properly; I found it impossible to log into my account. While getting tense every minute, I kept trying to log in every 5 minutes. Finally my parents and I resigned ourselves to the reality that I would not be able to view my score that day. After about two hours, while surfing the Internet, I found a link to an alternate page to view my score. By then, the anxiety was killing not only me but also my parents. My father even chose to skip work. Finally, the alternate link worked and I reached the page where my score was to be found. It said 800-800-800. My parents and I could not believe our eyes. Was it real? Or were we just dreaming? We refreshed the page multiple times to make sure. When I found out that I had received a perfect score on the SAT, my countenance was truly ineffable! I could not believe it! My parents were extremely thrilled and proud of me and I felt a great relief within me. We were hugging each other and yelling with tears of joy flowing down our cheeks.

This was a culmination of a year long preparation. The secret to this success is dedication and hard work. Students who wish to get a perfect score must follow a regimen for at least six months, wherein the student dedicates at least an hour a day and four to five hours a weekend. It is imperative to do as many practice tests as possible. At least for me, my scores seemed to be exactly correlated to the number of practice tests I had taken, which finally tallied to about 25. Another useful advice is to study as many vocabulary words as possible: my critical reading scores correlated with the number of words I had studied before each practice test. From a large variety of sources, I may have added nearly 5000 new words to my vocabulary since the start of my SAT preparation. Math is another area where you should not make a single mistake. In summary,  ‘Perfect practice makes perfect’.


News Interview: http://newsroom.pcsb.org/?p=14163

PCSB recognition:

No comments: